I have come to the conclusion that my blog can be a little bit confusing at times. It doesn’t always communicate who I am as person. Maybe that is because it is primarily a beauty blog? My kid’s though are a huge part of who I am, so I have decided to dedicate Monday’s to sharing blog posts relating to my life as a mummy. So if this is the type of post that interests you then remember to look out for them on a Monday morning, they will have the accompanying #MummyMonday.
This week I decided to continue with a previous Q&A I did with my kids. You can check out the first instalment with my daughter Molly here. This week is the turn of Harrison, ‘the middle child’. He is 11 and going up to senior school in September.
So what does Harrison really think of his Mum?
1. What is something Mummy always says to you?
(Giggling) I can’t think of anything.
2. What makes Mummy Happy?
3. What makes Mummy Sad?
4. How does Mummy make you laugh?
When she makes funny jokes.
5.What was Mummy like as a child?
How am I supposed to know that? (he has a fair point)
6. How old is Mummy?
32 (yes!! another one that thinks I’m younger than I am).
7. How tall is Mummy?
uhh? I don’t have a clue.
8. What is Mummy’s favourite thing to do?
Spending time with the Family.
9. What does Mummy do when you are not here?
Sewing, (um I promise I do more than sitting around sewing all day).
10. If Mummy becomes famous what will it be for?
Blogging. (ha ha I love this response, watch this space you heard it from Harrison first!)
11. What is Mummy really good at?
12. What is Mummy not very good at?
uhh, I don’t know? (I’m taking that as he just thinks I’m good at everything ha ha, if only he new)
13. What is Mummy’s Job?
He shrugs his shoulders.
14. What makes you proud of Mummy?
Long pause and a very blank expression
15. What is Mummy’s favourite food?
Chocolate (I do like my chocolate, that and cake)
16. What do you and Mummy do together?
Talk (ha ha this kid is so literal)
17. How are you and Mummy the same?
Long Long pause. (In his eyes we are so not)
18. If your Mummy was a cartoon character who would she be?
(Long Pause) I’m thinking mum, (another pause) no can’t think of anyone.
19. How are you and Mummy different?
I like gaming, and you are rubbish at it. (excuse me he has never seen me play sonic on a Sega Mega-drive).
20. How do you know Mummy loves you?
Because you care for us (such simple words but wow, mummy feels blessed)
21. What does Mummy like best about Daddy?
(laughing) I don’t know!
22. Where is Mummy’s favourite place to go?
I don’t know, that’s not something I’ve thought about before.
23. How old was Mummy when she had you?
21 (I could see he was clearly doing the maths in his head )
So Harrison being a young man of 11, clearly is a man of few words. Typical boy maybe? Still as far as I can tell he thinks his mum cooks well, sews all day, is great at most things apart from playing computer games. I must be giving off some kind of 1950’s gender specific vibe, Awks!
As far as he’s concerned I’m a happy sole as long as you feed me tea and chocolate. Ha ha he’s not far off!