Last year I decided to set myself a bucket list of 17 things I wanted to do in 2017. I managed to tick off 7 items I believe? Umm bit of a fail then.
I think my problem was that I was thinking on too grander scale. I still haven’t had afternoon tea at the ritz, why?…..Mainly because I would need to take out a small mortgage. Also 17 things is a lot!
Forgive me then for not being so ambitious in 2018. I have set myself some smaller goals and outings that I want to tick off this year. There will be no jumping on the #18for2018 bandwagon for me though. Mainly because I can’t think of 18 things.
I still thought I’d share my modest list of goals though;
- Start a good memories jar for 2018. Now I wouldn’t blame you if you are sat there going ‘What the hell is she banging on about?’ Basically each time something good happens I’m going jot down a little note and pop it in a jar. New Years Eve 2018 I will remind myself of all the good things that have happened this year. This is a fun idea I’ve seen other people do so decided to try it out for myself.
- Finish my NVQ. Well….as much of it as I can. The training company my employer have gone through can be a bit flakey.
- Run 10k – My big sister is running 12 10k’s this year as she wants to raise money for Cancer Research. I shall be joining her in July to run one of them. I lose the term ‘run’ loosely. She may be dragging me around some of it.
- Read 26 books – This sounds like a lot but it only actually works out as 1 book every fortnight. I want to return to the habit of reading a chapter before bed rather than my unhealthy habit of scrolling through various social media apps. No wonder I often struggle to settle!
- Create a new blog header/theme. It’s time to get my little corner of the Internet looking a hit more polished.
- Go and see the musical Wicked. I said this last and still haven’t done it. 2018 will be the year!
- Learn to cable knit. I said this last year as well and guess what I still haven’t started. Basically I need a kick up the back side. I’d achieve so much more if I spent less time with my nose in my phone.
- Continue to declutter our home. Throughout December the hubby and I took part in a 30 day minimising challenge. This involved decluttering one item a day. We found it a great experience so are going to continue with this.
- Blog at least once a week. Since beginning my new role at work, and switching to full time hours I have struggled to find the time to pay the attention to creating quality content that readers of schoolrunbeauty.com deserve. My goal is to post at least one a week with a focus on quality rather than quantity.
Now that doesn’t seem unrealistic does it!
Is there anything you want to do or achieve in 2018?