Jeans and a T-shirt for many of us Mums has long been a bit of an unofficial uniform. Lets face it these wardrobe staples are not only comfortable and practical but they are easy. Not much thought and effort has to go into getting ready for the day. To be fair when it’s 8’oclock on a Wednesday and your little treasures either won’t get dressed or have managed to misplace a shoe, their lunchbox or both, you’re doing well to be dressed at all.
There are a couple of style tricks I like to use though that instantly give the impression I’m a stylish Mummy and have my shit together. This doesn’t take much extra time either. I’m talking just 1 extra minute added to your getting dressed time. Are you ready?
- Tuck your T-shirt into your waistband, you will immediately look smarter.
- Ensure your jeans are well fitting. Check out this post here for tips on how to buy the perfect fitting pair of jeans.
- Roll the ankles of your Jeans. This little extra detail instantly adds style points.
- Switch out trainers for a smarter looking flat. They are just as comfortable but look smarter.
- Add a belt or scarf. Why not both? Accessories are a great way to bring your individual personality to a basic outfit. Who agrees it can be very easy to lose yourself a bit when you become a mum? Well this is one way you can grab a bit of that back.
Check out the difference in the before and after shots below:
Creme Stripe T-Shirt £19.95 (currently 3 for 2) Joules.com
Floral scarf £9.95 Joules (in-store only)
Are you a fellow Jeans and T-shirt wearer? Do you have any tricks that you use to style up you day to day basics?