Welcome to the new home for schoolrunbeauty, I decided it was time to take the plunge and self host. I’d reach the point of wanting to do things with my blog that I just couldn’t with basic WordPress. It’s still being tweaked so please bear with me on this one if something is not quite right.
Moving on I want to say thank you to Natalie, from Pretty and Plus Sized. She nominated me for the Beauty Blogger and Infinity Dreams Awards, which I really appreciate. That’s one of my favourite things about blogging, sharing the love. If you have’nt checked out her blog do so, she is fairly new to blogging but is a bit of a natural talent.
So, the rules of these award are as follows;
- Thank, and link back to/follow that blog that nominated you.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Answer the questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate some other bloggers to answer your own set of questions.
With that out of the way, here goes:
1. Where about in the world are you?
I live in Essex, in the UK. So I’m a born and bred Essex girl.
2. How long have you been writing your blog?
Officially I think it has been about 14 months, though \I only really committed fully to it in January this year.3. Do you tell people that you have a blog?
It has taken me a long time to start telling people about my blog. I decided to stop being shy about it though as it is something that I am proud of. I am in the process of setting up a Facebook page for my friends and family to keep up to date with my blog.
4. What was your first make-up purchase?
Ah this one is easy! The first make-up item I purchased myself was a Rimmel lipstick in that famous 90’s shade coffee shimmer. All my friends had this, and its sister shade heather shimmer. In fact a recently was feeling nostalgic a bought a tube of each.
5. What is your favourite perfume?
Roger & Gallet’s Tea Vert. It is such a refreshing and summery scent.
6. Who is your style icon?
Probably Alexa Chung, she can rock a sack and make it look stylish. She is just someone that seems to ooze natural style, I could do with learning some of here secrets. I also love Zooey Deschanel and Ferne Cotton, they both have a kooky sense of style.
7. Who would play you in the movie of your life?
Zooey Deschanel, ha I didn’t even have to think about that. I’m clumsy, scatty and can be very quick with the one liners when I want to be. She would emulate that perfectly.
8. Your best beauty/make-up purchase?
Oh god this one is really hard! It’s like asking me who my favourite child is. Um, ah …. My Mac Mineralise Skin Finish in Stereo Rose, as I went on quite a mission to find it. This is my go to when I’m going out out, if ya know what I mean?
9. Where do you usually shop for your beauty make-up/items?
All over really, I like to shop around to get the best deal. For example I find it best to go to the direct website for high end brands as you usually get a couple of deluxe samples included in your order. Otherwise my default is probably Boots, Im a sucker for those advantage points.
10. What colour do you have on your nails at the moment?
Mainly red, but its actually some watermelon nail art.
11. Manicure or Pedicure?
I hate people touching my feet, so manicure without a doubt.
12. What is your favourite drugstore make-up brand?
MUA, they were the first budget brand to really up the stakes when it came to quality and exciting products.
13. Lipstick or Lipgloss?
Though I wear both I reach for the tube of lipstick more, I’m not a fan of anything too shiny on my lips.
14. Are you on Instagram or Twitter?
Both, I’m a bit obsessed with them both to be fair. My twitter handle is @schoolrunbeauty and my Instagram is katy_standen if you are interested in checking either out.
15. Who Inspires you?The girls at ABeautifulMess.com, they work so hard and are always doing something exciting to further their career. They seem to grab opportunities with both hands and run with it.
And we are done, that is the answers to my questions, once again thank you Natalie for the nomination. The bloggers I wish to nominate are;
Ashleighs Beutea Party
Beauty by trial
These are all blogs that I read regularly and love, do check them out if you haven’t done so before, they are worth a read.
Here’s my questions for guy’s to answer.
1.How long have you been blogging?
2. What do you mainly blog about?
3. What made you decide to start blogging?
4. Do you see yourself still blogging in five years time?
5. What is you favourite make-up brand?
6. Brush, beauty blender or fingers to apply your foundation?
7. Where is your favourite place to buy clothes from?
8. Are you spender or a saver?
9.Tell us your best life hack tip?
10. What is your worst habit?
11.Where would you go on your dream holiday?
12. Are you a morning or an evening person?
13. Do you take part in any Twitter chats?
14. Are you a waxer, shaver or other?
15. What is your holy grail skincare product?
If your still with me on this, well done for getting to the end, and thanks for reading. Don’t forget you can keep up to date with me on twitter, Instagram or bloglovin, oh and if you like me that much then why not all 3? Awks sorry!