I’m not making any New Years resolutions this year. Why? Well I always break them, so I don’t actually see the point. Instead I’ve created myself a bucket list of 17 things I want to do in 2017.
I’m not saying I’m going to complete every last one of the items on this list but I’m going to give it a damn good go.
Some of the items on my list are very simple, others will take a bit of planning. It includes day trips to places that I have been saying I have wanted to visit for goodness knows how long, but never seem to have got around to.
There are some craft activities that I have had the materials at home to do for a crazy long time but still haven’t got round to tackling .
If I just manage to get half of this list completed this year then I’m in for a fun 2017.
- Go and see the Musical Wicked.
- Run 5k.
- Learn to cable knit.
- Catch a wave.
- Visit London Zoo.
- Take the kids to see ‘the changing of the guards’ at Buckingham Palace.
- Try mashed avocado on toast. How can I claim to be a blogger and never have tried this?
- Make an Origami Crane mobile.
- Visit Tiptree Jam Museum.
- Visit Brighton, in particular ‘The Lanes’.
- Go for afternoon tea at The Ritz.
- Finishing reading the Harry Potter series with my Son.
- Make a Pavlova.
- Make a skirt. I have had the material for this for about two years now.
- Paint the bedroom. It hasn’t been done since we moved In ten years ago. I’m desperate to get it done this year.
- Eat fish & chips out of the paper, whislt sat on the seafront and watching the sun go down.
- Last but not least…Visit my family in Ireland. Even if it’s just for 1 night. It’s been far too long!
So that is everything on my bucket list for 2017. Realistically none of it is that unachievable. I just need to stop putting things off. What do they say? You only live once!